Thermage is a non-invasive radiofrequency therapy that can address the look and feel of aging skin on many areas of your body. Thermage treatments are customized to your needs, and typically require minimal recovery time. It’s a great solution if you want your skin to look sleeker, smoother and younger, but can’t afford a lot of time away from work or your social life.
Thermage is effective on:
- The Eyes – hooding,fine lines and even our brow line can make us look worn-down. Thermage treats the upper and lower eyelids to help you look more youthful and rested
- The Face – as we age, phrases like “turkey neck”, loose jowls, sagging skin and “what happened to my jawline?” creep in. Thermage smooths lines and wrinkles and remodels collagen for the overall health of the skin
- The Body – aging doesn’t just affect the skin on our faces, our bodies see the effects too, with crepey, sagging skin and unwanted bulges and dimples. Thermage is a non-invasive way to smooth the skin on our bodies and even temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite
Thermage is done in our rooms mostly on Fridays. 1 Week before the treatment you will be notified of your time slot for the treatment. Once you arrive at the rooms you will be taken to a a consult room where a topical anaesthetic will be applied. The anaesthetic ointment takes approximately 45 minutes to work properly, thereafter you will be taken to the procedure room where Doctor van Rooyen or the trained technician will commence with the treatment. The treatment takes about 90-120 minutes. You may experience some discomfort near the end of the treatment.
Thermage has a beautiful tightening result. The skin is firm and rejuvenated. The results are almost instant. Please note that you should stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen.
Some of the perks of Thermage:
- A single treatment that delivers results
- It is non-invasive and clinically proven to be safe
- There is minimal downtime, so it’s easy to fit into your routine
- You will experience real change you just can’t get from lotions and creams
- Targeted, effective treatment that can help address the signs of
aging on many areas of the body
The Thermage® System is indicated for use in dermatologic and general surgical procedures to address skin laxity, including:
- Non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and rhytids;
- Non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and rhytids around the eyes, including upper and lower eyelids; and
- Temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Do not undergo Thermage treatment if you have a cardiac pacemaker or other active implants. Inform your doctor if you have this condition or are in doubt.
- The most common adverse effects include:
- Surface Irregularities: Frequently, surface irregularities are not evident immediately post-treatment, but may appear up to 1 or more months post-treatment.
- Altered Sensation: “Numbness,” “tingling,” or “temporary paralysis” that typically resolves in a short period of time, but may persist up to several weeks.
- Burns, Blisters, Scabbing, and Scarring: The procedure may produce heating in the upper layers of the skin, causing burns and subsequent blister and scab formation. There is a possibility of scar formation.
- Lumps, Nodules: Lumps or nodules under the skin may occur primarily in the neck area that usually resolve within 1 or 2 weeks without chronic or long term complications.
- Pigment Changes: Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) that normally resolves within several months.
- Edema: Swelling may occur and typically resolves within 5 days, but can persist up to several weeks.
- Mild to Moderate Pain: Typically, the discomfort is temporary during the procedure and localized within the treatment area.
[Unattributed]: Citing Sources:http://www.thermage.com/:[Nov 8, 2016]
NOTICE: We DO NOT give quotations telephonically or via e-mail. For any quotations or prices the patient is required to consult with the doctor first, only thereafter will we be able to give the patient a quotation or estimate. Thank you for your co-operation.